Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Autobiography

My name is Gustavo Quezada and I currently live in San Bernardo, Santiago. I started primary school in 2001 at the Escuela Basica Manuel Magallanes Moure when I was 6 years old. In 2006 I continued my studies at Santo Tomas El Bosque where I finished primary and secondary school. In 2014 I started my academic studies at the University Alberto Hurtado where I am currently studying library science.
 My first proper literary experience happened when I was 14 – 15 years old, when I began reading Jules Verne Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, a book which tells the story of Captain Nemo and his submarine Nautilus that embarks in a undersea journey across the world, later I started reading more and more books about different subjects and genres, such as science fiction, gothic Horror, cosmic horror, gothic fantasy, weird fiction and mystery fiction. My favorite authors are:

Ray Bradbury an American fantasy, science fiction, horror and mystery fiction writer, I was introduced to him in school, when I read for an assignment The illustrated man, a collection of short science fiction stories that explores the nature of mankind, the stories features a former vagrant of a circus freak show, which body is extensively tattooed. The man’s tattoos are animated and each tells a different tale about mankind’s future and is decay.

H.P Lovecraft is an American horror writer, I discovered him back in 2007 while browsing the internet, in 2014 and in July of this year I managed to read his complete literary works, my favorite short stories include: The Haunter in the Dark, The Shadow out of time, The Call of Cthulhu and The Whisperer in Darkness. His works explore forbidden knowledge, non-human influences on humanity and the decadence of the modern world.

Edgar Allan Poe is an American writer best known for his tales about mystery and the macabre, I was first introduced to him while working in an assignment about his tale called The Black Cat, a story of a man that becomes increasingly violent towards his cat and wife, eventually succumbing to madness.

Philip K Dick is an American science fiction author, I discovered him in 2006 when I watched the movie Blade Runner. In 2013 I managed to read one of his works, a novel called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, that tells the story of Rick Deckard, a veteran bounty hunter that tracks and kills sentient machines, Deckard embarks in this mission in the hopes of earning enough money to be able to buy a real pet.

Currently I am reading The Green Mile, a novel of Stephen King that tells the story of a death row inmate that can heal and resurrect people with his hands.


My current plans for the future involve finishing my academic studies and to specialize in cataloguing different kinds of information resources.     

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gustavito, very intersting your review about books you like. Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gustavo!

    Excellent and very interesting bio and book review. Have you ever thought of collaborating in a magazine or newspaper commenting on books and movies?

    2 pts

    ReplyDelete